A Job with a Purpose
Working at City YMCA, London is a rewarding, demanding and enriching experience that leaves a significant mark in everyone's career history.
We have almost 100 employees who are always willing to go an extra mile to ensure that their work contributes to the achievement of the oganisational mission to help young people build a future.
We undertake to work closely with local people, business, employers and other voluntary and community groups, churches, other faith groups and partners to build a more tolerant, compassionate and respectful place in which we all can live and work.
Equality and Diversity
We value a diverse workforce and recognise the important role it has in promoting and encouraging tolerance, fairness and equality and in influencing others.
We pride ourselves on having a learning and development culture where staff delight in their personal and professional growth whilst in our employment.
Working at City YMCA, London is a challenging and exciting experience!
All job vacancies are displayed below and you may apply for them online. Please take the time to read the full job specification.
Please submit a cover letter (clearly explaining how you meet the person specification in the job profile), your CV and a completed Equal Opportunity Form (click here).
Alternatively, you may request an application form by contacting us at email@example.com.
£17,428 per annum (Pro rata) £9.58 per hour
3 Month Fixed Term Contract
22 hours per week -Saturday-Sunday
7am to 7pm
City YMCA,London is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic chef to oversee the food production for residents catering and conferences. The chef will perform all duties related to the preparation of food and deal with Conference and Catering questions and queries in the absence of the Catering Manager in relation to the day to day running of the department.View
Catering Assistant (Weekend)
£7.26 per hour
3 Months Fixed Term Contract
£7.26 per hour
3 Month Fixed Term
We are recruiting a weekend porters to undertake weekend shifts to join our team at our Errol Street hostel which houses up to 116 residents.
- Cleaning of the reception areas, communal areas and offices in the hostel.
- Maintain high quality cleaning services which meet the needs of the service users through following cleaning specifications.
- Ensure that conference rooms are set up according to conferencing requirements and the general relocation of furniture & equipment is carried out.
- Communicate any issues/support requirements that are identified for the residents.
- Use appropriate reporting procedures for stock management, Health & Safety, Risk Assessments, COSHH compliance, maintenance needs & reporting any incidents/security concerns.
Accept external deliveries as well as deliver them to internal service users whilst ensuring that recording procedures are followed.